Friday, April 30, 2010

Happiness in a Glass





It's been a little while since I made one of my happiness shakes, so I figured it was time again. Had to run out to Zellers yesterday to pick up a blender.

This shake is really simple to make, is super-yummy, uber-healthy, and is a real 'pick-me-up' first thing in the morning. It really is happiness in a glass.



Ingredients:
  • medium banana
  • 1/2 cup frozen berries (I used strawberries today)
  • 1/2 cup plain or vanilla yogurt
  • 1/2 cup milk (skim milk is yucky, I use 1%)
  • 1/2 cup ice
  • large handful of washed baby spinach
  • 1 tbsp fiber supplement (I use fiber-sure) (optional)
Directions:
  • throw everything but the spinach in the blender
  • turn on the blender till everything's the same color
  • throw spinach in the blender
  • repeat
The end result was a little bit brownish, it probably could have used a few more strawberries, but it was really yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment