Monday, May 3, 2010

Wild Weekend

This weekend was not a nutritional success for me, excessive amounts of alcohol may have been consumed on Friday, leading to hungover breakfast food on Saturday morning. After volunteering at a Zombie Car Wash from 3-7 on Saturday I just didn't have the willpower to turn down the pizza that they offered us when we were finished. It was a good time though, and we raised over $1300.00 for breast cancer research, and food for the Edmonton Food Bank. Sunday my guy and I met a friend for lunch at Muggn'z on the west end (mushroom burger, and fries and gravy... this is what happens when I don't think before I order), and Chinese food for dinner. Weekend nutrition had definitely been identified as an area that needs a lot of work... but at least I didn't drink any beer.

New neighbors have moved in upstairs. They're pretty young (bless 23 year olds that assume we're the same age) but they seem nice and open, and we seem to be on the same page as far as our attitude about the landlord and prior tenants. They have a puppy named Crash who's an absolute sweetheart.

Speaking of sweethearts, I had a new addition to my family this weekend. I've adopted a 6 month old kitten named Tigs. He's cute, and curious, and uber-cuddly. He's huge for 6 months though... if he keeps growing he's going to be a monster!

No comments:

Post a Comment