Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Ah, May in Alberta

Alberta is notorious for snowstorms in May, and 2010 is out to make sure it doesn't disappoint us. The new spring grass and leaves were covered beneath a thick blanket of wet, heavy snow this morning. The sort of day that demands warm soup and books read while cuddled under fuzzy comforters. But I had a date with a friend to go shopping at west edmonton mall, so I braved the slush and wind and off I went, after another hearty breakfast of honey-nut cheerios.

We went for lunch at a Greek place in the food court whose name now escapes me. I opted for the chicken souvlaki pita and Greek salad with a diet cola. It was pretty good, except for the olives. I love olives, but these things tasted the same way that a goat pen smells. I lived on a goat farm at one point, I know what I'm talking about!

I was delighted to learn that there are shirts at Old Navy that I can wear, and I picked up 4 new tops, mostly in bright spring colours.

After we were done at the mall, my friend and I drove out to Spruce Grove to take her daughter to her checkup... what a cutie she is! I got a grande hot chocolate from Starbucks, and we headed back into the city to take a glance at the house she and her husband just bought. We both decided we were hungry around 4:30, so we stopped at Wendy's. I got a jr. bacon cheeseburger. No pop. No fries. Yay me!

Supper was mushroom soup, 5 olives, a sandwich (same as last night but sadly with no tomatoes), and a schwack of celery and some carrots. Stupid-tired seems to be the theme for today, probably because of the weather, so all I'm going to do with the rest of today is watch an episode of House while curled up with Tigs and a cup of green tea.

I've already pre-planned for Friday... going to have the boys over for poker. I'm going to make burgers (real for them, veggie/lentil) for me, with a salad and mushroom soup for a starter, thus avoiding the 'let's go out for dinner...' conundrum we find ourselves in every weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment